Garmin Express is a software, used to update the maps and device software by installing and downloading the latest versions on the device. The company releases updates several times a year.
Map updates: By updating the maps, the latest changes to the roads and locations gets updated on navigation device like Nuvi. The map files are no doubt large so they take more time to install.
For updating the maps through Garmin Express, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- First, download and install the Garmin Express on your computer.
- Check the system requirements then open the link to download the app.
- The downloading link for windows and Mac PC is different. Select wisely.
- Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable. If you don’t have the cable, then check the cable which best supports the Garmin Nuvi or automobile device.
- Open ‘Garmin Express’ from the computer by clicking on the desktop icon, start menu or desktop shortcut.
- Select your device from the list of devices and begin updates
- You will find the green dot next to the device name that ensures that your device is detected by the Express.
- Click on ‘Updates available’ and agree to the terms and conditions to start downloading them.
- Once downloaded install them and restart your device after disconnecting from the computer.
You will find the latest maps on your device now. For any query or information, talk to the experts from this field.