The latest models of range extender and routers use the Netgear Genie app for configuration. You will find steps wise instructions on the screen when you perform the Netgear Genie smart setup. The detailed steps to configure the router using the Genie setup are:
- Go to ‘Start’ followed by ‘Programs’. Search for ‘wireless adapters’ and click on ‘Smart wizard’.
- You will find the Genie smart wizard displayed on the screen.
- Go to the ‘Networks’ tab and click to scan for wireless networks within the range.
- Select the SSID of your range extender and click on ‘Connect’.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click on the WEP security type. Enter the security key manually. The steps which we are discussing is for WEP security encryption.
- Enter 10 to 26 characters in the space provided.
- From the profile section, you need to provide the name so that it can easily remember in the wireless network settings.
- Click the ‘Save’ profile.
- Tap ‘Apply’ to validate settings.
- Once linked, you can go to the ‘About tab’ and check the IP address.
The steps are for WEP encryption, if you are using the WPA encryption, then the steps are bit different, you can confirm the steps from the experts otherwise, in place of using the WEP, use WPS settings and confirm the password.