Facts about skin cancer are very important to understand this disease. This is one of the most deadly diseases in the world and is also responsible for the maximum number of cancer cases. A fact highlighted some important causes, symptoms and disease statistics, and also focus on important forms of treatment available to cure the same. You can get more information about skin cancer specialists via online sources.
Key facts about skin cancer
- Exposure (UV) Ultra Violet rays can cause severe types of cancer and is also responsible for over 90% of the cases of non-melanoma types of diseases. The severity of the disease is so high that almost one person dies every day from the disease and the treatment becomes complicated when a person reaches the advanced stages of the disease.
- This is one of the most common forms of cancer and accounts for more than 50% of cancer cases overall. It occurs in nearly equal numbers to men and women and can develop at any age.
Image Source: Google
- Although the number of cases detected in Asia, Africa, and Latin America is low compared to developed regions such as North America and Europe, the number of disease-related deaths were higher in the area previously.
- This cancer, also known as skin neoplasia, is two different types of melanoma and non-melanoma. Squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma are two different types of cancer non-melanoma.
- Melanoma skin cancers occur in rare cases but is a severe kind of disturbance and more fatal than other types of non-melanoma. Also, spreading melanoma skin cancer at a higher rate than other types of non-melanoma and severely damage skin cells and tissues.